Friday, August 13, 2010

Friends

In the last couple of months, I have got myself thinking to what is the true meaning of a 'friend'. As a child, we are so naive we take others at face value without making any judgement calls. We are quick to forgive and forget and our friendships last for a life time. I have made some precious friends who I have known from my kindergarten days and with whom I am still in touch. Even though life has changed us and we have drifted to follow our dreams and passion but that hasnt stopped us from connecting with each other.

However, my perception has changed so much in the last couple months. Individuals who I considered good friends hurt me. It will take a lifetime for these wounds to heal but it is a lesson learnt. I will move on but with a bitter taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment